- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, rub in butter until incorporated and the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add water and work into a smooth dough. Rest dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Roll chilled dough between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper with a dusting of flour. Cut out six circles with a 10cm ring cutter and press into six greased tart moulds. Rest in fridge for another 15 minutes. Stud pastry with a fork and bake at 180°C for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- In a pan, sweat shallots in olive oil over medium heat until soft. Add diced garlic and chilli and cook for five minutes until aromatic. Add diced tomato and cook until starting to soften. Add sugar and vinegar and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes until reduced. Cool and season.
- In a pot, heat the vegetable oil to 180°C. Blend the vinegar powder and salt in a food processor then set aside in a sieve. Dust the school prawns in the rice flour and fry in the oil until golden. Remove from the oil with a sieve, drain on paper towel, and dust with the salt and vinegar powder.
- Add one spoonful each of the tomato chutney and then the tarama in the bottom of each tart shell.
- Layer school prawns over the tarama, standing up, and sprinkle with toasted almonds.