Chilli Crab Sauce:
- For the lobsters, place a pot of water on a stove and bring to a boil. Place two wooden sticks on either side of the lobster to keep the tail straight. Salt the water and submerge the lobsters or crayfish but do not overcrowd the pot. Cook until lobster turns bright red and the meat turns opaque. This should take approximately 5-6 mins. Immediately remove from the boiling water and place into a bowl of iced water to stop the cooking process.
- When ready to serve, remove the meat from shell using a pair of kitchen scissors and slice into bite sized pieces.
- For the Chilli Crab Sauce, mix all the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat up a wok and add the oil. When the oil is heated, add the minced garlic and ginger and stir fry until aromatic or when they turn slightly brown. Add the Chilli Crab Sauce mixture, stir well for approximately 2 mins.
- Slowly add the cornstarch mixture into the sauce. Stir the sauce until it thickens. Add the egg into the sauce and stir a few times so the egg is distributed evenly in the sauce. Cook for another 30 seconds or so, add salt to taste if needed.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and place in the butter. Toast the sides of the brioche rolls for a minute on each side or until golden brown.
- To serve, place a fee pieces of lobster/ crayfish in the buttered brioche rolls and generally spoon over the Chilli Crab Sauce all over the top. Garnish with some finely chopped chives.