Ice cream (makes 1L)
- For the ice cream, combine the condensed milk, 500ml of cream, vanilla and spices in a mixer, and whisk until soft peaks form. Place in a 1L container, cover and freeze for a few hours or overnight.
- For the praline, add sugar to a medium pan and dissolve over moderate heat. Once it starts to turn into sugar syrup, keep a close eye on it and wait for the sugar to turn to a golden colour.
- Swirl the pan occasionally so it colours evenly, now add the butter, followed by the nuts and biscuits.
- Remove from the heat and pour on a tray line with baking paper. Spread the praline evenly with an oiled metal spoon and let cool completely.
- For the chocolate sauce, finely chop the chocolate and place into a glass bowl. Bring 200ml cream to the boil and pour over the chocolate. Constantly mix until the chocolate melts into the cream to form a smooth sauce.
- Combine the Baileys and coffee.
- Divide chocolate sauce into 6 glasses. Add scoops of ice cream and then pour over the coffee. Garnish with the broken up brittle. Serve immediately.