- Preheat your oven to 180 fan forced.
- Line a flat oven tray with baking paper, followed by the chicken skin seasoned with salt. Ensure the chicken skin isn’t folded over and is completely spread out. Cover again with baking paper and another oven tray, weighted on the top. This will ensure the skin is wafer thin and crunchy.
- Place in the oven for 15-20minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack then cut or snap into bite sized pieces.
- To make your salmon pate, roughly chop the smoked salmon and combine with mascarpone, lemon juice and hot english mustard in a stick blender vessel/jug. You can add extra virgin olive oil to help the mix along until it’s smooth. Place into a piping bag with a small round tip.
- Finally, using an empty wine bottle and a toothpick, place a cherry on the top of the bottle and push the seed through with the toothpick. Slice into quarters. You can alternatively slice the cheeks off the cherries but you will lose some flesh.
- Put in a small bowl and dress with lemon juice. Leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- To plate, pipe a few small dollops of pate on your cooled chicken skin along with some cherries. Garnish with dill and baby shiso.
Enjoy and Merry Christmas!