Lemon Myrtle Cream
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- For the Crème Brulee, place cream, vanilla bean, vanilla seeds and lemon myrtle leaves in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to just below boiling point. Remove from heat and stir in a pinch of salt. Set aside to infuse for 10 minutes then pass through a fine sieve into a pouring jug.
- Place egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk until light and pale. While whisking, gradually add the hot cream mixture. Return to the pouring jug and remove any bubbles from the surface.
- Line 2 large heavy based roasting dishes each with a tea towel. Place 12 11cm diameter x 3cm deep round ramekins onto the tea towels. Pour brulee mixture into ramekins.
- Fill the baking dish with boiling water until it reaches half the depth of the ramekins.
- Bake until just set and still slightly wobbly in the centre, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to the fridge to cool and set.
- For the Shortbread, place the butter, sugar and vanilla into the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat together until pale and fluffy. Reduce heat to low and fold in the flour and salt. Turn out onto a floured work surface and bring together into a smooth dough. Press into a disc and wrap in cling film. Place into the freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap dough and roll out with a floured rolling pin to a thickness of 7-8 mm. Place rounds onto a lined tray and dot with a fork. Sprinkle with lemon myrtle powder and bake until golden brown, about 18-20 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool slightly then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the Sherbet, combine ingredients in a food processor and pulse until evenly mixed. Transfer to an airtight container until ready to serve.
- For the Lemon Myrtle Cream, place ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk until stiff peaks form. Place into the fridge until ready to serve.
- To serve, sprinkle each crème brulee with raw sugar and torch until melted and golden. Serve with a round of shortbread and lemon myrtle cream on the side. Roll the blackberries in sherbet and place one onto each crème brulee.